SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Saturday, April 26, 2008

AND THEN, THERE ARE THREE

Yes I know there are eight teams still battle in Round 2 of the Stanley Cup playoffs. What I am referring to "And then, There are Three", the three Original Teams, Montreal Canadiens, New York Rangers and Detroit Red Wings. I was disappointed when Ottawa Senators was swept by Pittsburgh Penguins and San Jose Sharks eliminated Calgary Flames. Here is my Fantasy Stanley Cup playoffs matchup - Canadiens, Bruins, Blackhawks, Maple Leafs, Rangers & Red Wings, all other four Canadian teams, and the six spots left go to other U.S. teams.
Currently, it looks like it will be a very quick and easy Round 2 with Penguins already up three games win against my hometown Rangers, Canadiens are not playing well against the Flyers as the series is at 2-1 Flyers. On the other happy note, Dallas Stars took the lead up three games against the Sharks. And the best series, my beloved Detroit Red Wings won the first three games against Colorado Avalanche. I have a friendly wager for a free lunch with a business colleague. I am going to wait until Friday morning, after game 4 Thursday night, to gloat and torment those who dislike and made negative prediction against my Red Wings.

We went to a Rangers v. Canadiens game last December but I have no photos to post. While staying at my brother's house in New York, after handed him the memory sticks, I neglected to check to make sure that photos from my precious hockey game was uploaded onto the CD. A miscommunication occurred and I erased the memory sticks, only found out later when we got back to St. Louis, that the photos from the game were never transferred onto the CD. At first I was heart broken and upset at myself for being so careless. Then I thought, "100 years from now, or after I am dead and gone, who else cares about the photos?". I was there at the game, enjoyed the moment, wasn't that enough?
Below is a replica of the Montreal Canadiens' locker room at the Hockey Hall of Fame. I was too excited and forgot to take photos, so this photo is only from a postcard.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails