SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

CHRISTMAS IN NEW YORK - ROCKEFELLER CENTER

The 76th Christmas tree lighting ceremony took place at 8:58 p.m. this evening at Rockefeller Center in New York City. The 8-ton, 72 feet Norway spruce carries 30,000 energy-efficient LED lights. These photos were taken last year when we visited NYC for my husband 49th birthday. I just realized that last year was 75th Anniversary for both Radio City Christmas Spectacular Show and the lighting ceremony.

We had a wonderful time staying at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel (just one night), walked to Rockefeller Center, to Radio City for the performance of the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular, and attended Mass on Christmas morning at St. Patrick's Cathedral. It was one of the most memorable and enjoyable being in New York City at Christmas time.
The gilded statue depicting Prometheus bringing fire to mankind.
Rockefeller Center by night (above) and by day (below).

2 comments:

Alisa said...

What a lovely trip you had! Thanks for your comment on my blog. What a funny coincidence that we were so close to where you work the other day!

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

How sweet of you to stop by my blog and introduce yourself. Thank you. I enjoyed browsing your blog and viewing photos of homes and pretty views. Sometimes I wish I were more into sports, but they just never stuck with me. I was always the last to be chosen for any sport at school.I always stood shyly in the back hoping no one would see me and wishing that the teams were filled and I would have to just watch. Oh how I would have loved that!!! LOL.
Don't say you have no talent, in my opinion, I don't either. I just sew things together...no talent there.
Your trip to NY looks so wonderful. I hope you and your family have a most wonderful Holiday season.
Hugs,Pat

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails