SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Sunday, August 15, 2010

SIMPLE JOY (I AM JUST RAMBLING!)

The weather people were right when they predicted that the whole week would be hot. It was 100+ everyday. I went into the office, stayed inside until time to go home.
Simple joy - yesterday morning as I was making an egg sandwich, I cracked the first egg, one yolk came out. The second egg came a nice surprise with two yolks. Together the yolks formed a face that looked like a Mickey Mouse! Believe it or not, I have been making breakfast, very simple egg sandwiches or cheese omelets, on the weekends. Save money and avoid the heat. I am a simple person with simple joy :)
Late afternoon on Saturday, we did brave the heat to go to the First Classic Car Cruise on Route 66 along Watson Road, the original Route 66 in St. Louis. In addition to the vintage automobiles, carnival games, food and various local bands performed on the main stage in the parking lot of Crestwood Mall.

After the noon Mass, we went to the Mall looking for a new pair of polarized sunglasses for me. We decided to shop on-line for something less since those at the stores were over $200 and I would feel guilty spending that much money on a pair of sunglasses, even though they were from reputable companies.

Have a good week, everyone. Stay cool and don't forget to wear sunscreen!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails