SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Saturday, February 26, 2011

I WANNA BE ON THE ROAD AGAIN!

Cabin fever finally got to me and I could not wait for Spring and Summer to arrive. I have been planning road trips in May when we will start driving the Lincoln Highway in Illinois and in September for a niece's wedding in Aspen, Colorado.
These photos were from our Westward Route 66 adventure in July 2010. For 9 days, we drove 4,437 miles from St. Louis to Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and reached the End of the Trail at Santa Monica Pier in California.
In September, we plan to drive the Lincoln Highway from Missouri to Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada and California. Visit http://www.lincolnhighwayassoc.org/ to read about the first road across the United States of America. The Lincoln Highway is known as "The Main Street Across America".
I asked my husband whether we would take the T-bird or the Mustang for the trip in September. He said we should take the Mustang as it is more comfortable for long distance driving. I commented that if we really wanted to be comfortable, we should take "Luc". CP looked at me as if I just said something really insulting! "It is not a cool car", he said! Oh, I am so ready to be on the road again!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails