SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Saturday, December 17, 2011

CHRISTMAS TREE IN ST. LOUIS

We drove around downtown St. Louis wanting to see all the Christmas lightings but were disappointed that the decorations were not what we expected. The above Christmas tree was nice but did not draw a large crowd. In fact there were no tourists around the plaza, only homeless people. Don't get me wrong, I am not putting down St. Louis. (My husband said that in a few years, I will be living in St. Louis longer than being in Viet Nam. Would I be more St. Louisian than Vietnamese? Could I still say that I am a NewYorker/Yankee? How about telling people that I am from Detroit when it comes to the Red Wings?) I will admit that I always compare any tree to the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center in New York City. Is that why they say you could take a NewYorker out of New York but you can't take New York out of a NewYorker? What are the Christmas decorations in your town?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails