SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Wednesday, December 07, 2011

DA WINGS IN ST. LOUIS (MERRY CHRISTMAS, FATHER RICH)

These photos were taken at the December 6th game. The Wings lost again, for the 2nd time, to the Blues. My husband was able to get off work early, and we got to the arena enough time for the warm up. Last time, the game already started when we arrived. So, the Wings could not blame me for being a "jinx" since they lost whether I was there watching and like my husband said, "blowing kisses" to the boys while they were warming up!

The day after the game, I saw Father Rich after the 8:00 a.m. Mass. Before I could say hello, he said, "Well, the Blues beat your Wings again." (Father Rich saw us at a Blues v. Wings game and since then he gave me a hard time about being a Red Wings.) I thought since I already planned to go for Reconciliation before Christmas, I might well say what was on my mind. "Yes, Father, I am sure you will enjoy it more when the Blues finally won their 1st Stanley Cup." Father Rich did not have anything else to say because my response reminded him that the Red Wings won the Stanley Cup 11 times. Merry Christmas, Father. Remember that when it comes to hockey and my beloved Red Wings, don't mess with me!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails