SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

TUESDAY TWO - HAWKS AND WINGS

These photos were from last year when we attended a Chicago Blackhawks v. Detroit Red Wings game on December 17th at United Center in Chicago. The Red Wings lost 1-4. The tickets were an early Christmas present from my husband. A year later, I still have not accomplished my goals to attend the Boston Bruins, the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Montreal Canadiens homegames. (I have been to the other three of the Original Six - New York Rangers, Detroit Red Wings and Chicago Blackhawks.) There have been major setbacks and my piggybank is currently empty, so I just have to try again in 2012. Hopefully the sky won't come crashing down anytime soon!

Most of the Blackhawks fans in our section were rowdy but typical behaviors of being hockey fanatics. (Please note that I am not saying that all Blackhawks nor hockey fans were bad people.) It just happened that two individuals in the row behind us were spilling out "really stinky vocabulary". After 5 minutes of listening to the loud, almost screaming foul language, my husband turned around and said, "I am asking you to tone down your language. Maybe you are not aware that there are a couple of kids in the row in front of us. So please watch your language." What shocked me was a female voice and her comment, "This is hockey - the kids need to learn real life lessons." Only then, the father of the kids, a boy and a girl about 8-10 years old, turned around and tell these rowdy fans, "Shut your mouth or I will call security." The father then turned and thanked my husband. I questioned why the father waited until my husband, a stranger, stepped up before he being the father should have spoken up first being that those were his kids. The rowdy people quiet down and either they were removed by security or whatever happened, they never came back when the 2nd peirod started. The arena was loud and lived up to its name "the Mad House" but we had a great time, except a victory by the Wings!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails