SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Sunday, July 15, 2007

THUNDERBIRD









Thanks to my brother VL for his continued support and encouragement, I finally overcame my technical shortcomings and learned to upload photos onto my blog.



In previous entries, I wrote about my husband's Thunderbird and how much he loves the car. I also mentioned strangers making comments such as "Beautiful car", "Good looking T-bird", and people, mostly men, stopping to discuss at length about the car while I waited patiently.



I don't mind that CP spending time regularly washing and keeping the T-bird in perfect and spotless condition. It is not another woman. It is only a car and I could always sell it.




Here is an excerpt from an entry entitled, "You can't take it with you" on August 19, 2006. It was from my early days as a "rookie blogger" -




"It is a 2004 Ford Thunderbird with the right color, burgundy. CP saved his money for 2 years, waiting for the right moment. He searched the internet but both times when he found the car of his dream, the sellers told him that the dream cars were already sold. The first seller was in Colorado and CP called immediately after he saw the posting in the Auto Trader website. The seller told CP that someone also called about five minutes ago and they agreed to the terms, no haggle or price negotiating. The second seller was in Buffalo, New York. Again the seller told CP that a buyer already called and was on his way to pick up the dream car.

The third seller was from Chicago, Illinois. CP called me at work around 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday (August 2005) and told me that he found the dream car and the seller agreed to sell the car to CP if he could get to Chicago the next day with a certified check. I said without hesitation knowing that CP has been waiting for this opportunity. I told him that I would go to the bank and transfer the money. I could hear CP excitement and relief that I did not question his decision. The next day, CP drove to Chicago (5 hours from St. Louis) in a rental car with a certified check over $20K."





There you have it, the story of how CP becomes the proud owner of the Thunderbird.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails