SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Monday, September 10, 2012

THE LIGHT AT THE END OF TUNNEL (RATTLESNAKE MT. TUNNEL-NORTH CAROLINA)

It is true that there's always a light at the end of the tunnel.  However, I once heard a comedian made a comment, "When you see the light at the end of the tunnel, make sure it is not the headlights from a coming freight train".  It was supposed to be a joke but it is not funny because it happens in real life when you thought the end of a stormy journey was coming but then you came to a dead end road.
OK, you probably say, "Why so down, TOTA?  It is not like you to be in such hopeless, helpless and discouraged mood."  Well, even the strongest person suffers moments of weakness.  I understand that feeling sorry for myself will not help the situation.  It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness.  But what happens when you don't have a candle and your only match is soaking wet!
It would be no use asking Rhett Butler what I should do since I already know what he would be saying, "Frankly, TOTA I don't give a damn!".  Perhaps I will try to think of tomorrow, because as Ms. Scarlett said, "After all, tomorrow is another day!"  And if the light at the end of the tunnel coming from a train, I will just hobo to wherever it takes me! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails