SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Saturday, August 19, 2006

TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT

I normally am a friendly person. I talk to strangers, especially at sport events. I would talk to strangers about the Detroit Red Wings or about the New England Patriots. I would compliment someone about their purse (ladies) or about a nice baseball hat (men), especially a nice Notre Dame (ND) shirt.

My pet peeve is when strangers stand so close to me during checkout lines at the stores or fastfood ordering process. That really ruins my day. The person would stand so close that I had to move. The person would say to me, "You are OK". Like I need his permission not to move away. There were a few times I would turn and say to the person, "Pushing me won't make the line go faster", or I would use the shopping cart as buffer zone.

I draw the line and will say something when it comes to the lines at the bank. I would calmly say to the person, "Would you mind leaving some room between us?" I don't want anyone looking over my shoulder while I sign my check, writing a deposit or counting my money.

It is just common sense and yet some people are just so ignorant about this etiquette. "Don't stand too close to me", as the song goes. Maybe I should carry a ruler and keep it out as a measure of distance or an orange cone so no one would be breathing down my neck.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails