SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Thursday, March 05, 2009

DETROIT FIVE-O (TOTA, BE NICE)

The title of this post should be "TOTA, Be Nice"! Read on to find out how nasty I was, yet witty with my comments to the St. Louis Blues fans. I was supposed to take a break from posting but I could not control my excitement after the game on Tuesday night, I just got to share with the whole world how happy I have been since my Beloved Red Wings came and shutout the St. Louis Blues in a 5-0 victory. And that is what the title of this post "Detroit Five-O". The best thing was Tomas Kopecky #82 Center (Ilava, Slovak) scored the first goal and it was SHORTHANDED GOAL - it was so beautiful.
We celebrated when Zetterberg scored the 2nd goal on a power play with a wrist shot, then Draper tip-in the third goal, and the celebration continued with Kronwall slap-shot the fourth goal and Filppula finished up the night with a snap shot. Here is how nasty I was - the St. Louis Blues has a promotion that offers 35 cents for each taco when the Blues score 5 or more goals. The fans usually chant - We Want Tacos - when St. Louis on the scoring track. I could not resist when I said to a Blues fan (he started it when he tried to hurt me with a reminder of the Red Wings loss 0-8 to the Predators over the weekend) "Do you still get 35 cents tacos? Wait, my mistake, the Red Wings scored 5 goals not the Blues." HAA HAA HAA

Here is the dark side of TOTA, the Hockey Junkie. As my husband and I were walking towards Scottrade Center, we minded our business but a Blues fan saw our Red Wings jerseys and tried to hurt us with a comment, "What happened to the dead wings in Nashville?". The Red Wings suffered the worst loss of the season, 0-8 to the Predators on Saturday night. I refused to tolerate this kind of unsportsmanlike conduct. I calmly responded, "Pity us, we are just trying to make the playoffs. I am sure the Blues need only one more point to get the Presidents' Trophy for the best record". The man did not expect such a sharp comment coming from a little chubby Chinese woman, and he almost ran away with "you know what" between his legs! He started it - HAA HAA HAA (TOTA, Be Nice!)
This is My Dream Line - (photo above) Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Franzen - unbelievable puck possession skills, smooth accurate passing and out-of-this-world take-away the puck before opponents knew what happened. It is always a treat to watch this trio in actions. (Hey Greg - how could you or anyone not love the Red Wings?)
Here is an update - as of today (Thursday, March 5th), the Red Wings reached 94 points to earn the top spot in the Western Conference, and one point more than Boston Bruins in the Eastern Conference. St. Louis Blues stays in the #12 spot, most likely will miss the playoffs, again!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails