SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

BENJAMIN SATURDAY

My adoring fans and faithful readers, please join me in extending a warm welcome to Benjamin Saturday. Isn't he adorable? Benjamin was a gift from my World Best Nephew (WBN) during my visit to Bensonhurst (thus Benjamin) on the 6th day of the week (thus Saturday). Above photo shows Benjamin (aka BEST) in front of Brooklyn Public Library and Grand Army Plaza in Park Slope.
For 10 days earlier this month, I was in NYC having a wonderful time with my Mom celebrated her 70th birthday and a nice family dinner at Tropical Malaysian Restaurant for Mother's Day. (I was pleasantly surprised that Mom agreed to let us treat her to a dinner and did not insist on cooking instead.) My sister and I visited the Brooklyn Botanical Garden and had dinner, just the two of us girls, at Blue Smoke BBQ on 27th Street, near Union Square in Manhattan (the owner is originally from St. Louis but we did not receive a discount). I was trusted to take my WBN to school in the morning, and one evening when both my brother and his wife attended a function, after homework, I helped WBN with a bath and read to him at bedtime. I hope that proved that I could be trusted as a good babysitter :)
Special thanks to my brother TL for his understanding in making sure that I would not miss any NHL playoffs games, especially when the Red Wings were playing. I even managed to turn WBN into a Red Wings fan and hopefully he will become a hockey fanatic like me :)
More about my visit and of course, plenty of photos of BEST, my visit to Hunter College, my former work place on Exchange Place, Wall Street area and Coney Island, with lot of stories, in future posts.


1 comment:

Qaptain Qwerty said...

Sorry, Benjamin, but I am afraid you will have to change your name. I discovered today that after these years, I don't really live in Bensonhurst, but just a few feet below its south border, in Bath Beach. Maybe you can be renamed to Baby, which alliterates with Bath Beach.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails