SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Friday, May 29, 2009

LET THE REAL PARTY BEGIN!!!

STANLEY CUP FINAL - this is the most wonderful time of the year - my beloved Detroit Red Wings won the Western Conference Championship, getting ready for another re-match in the Stanley Cup Final against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Let the Real Party Begin. GO WINGS !!!!!!!!
On Wednesday evening, May 27th, my beloved Detroit Red Wings closed out the Chicago Blackhawks in Game 5 at the Joe, for a back-to-back trip to the Stanley Cup Final. Guess where I was while the entire game was going on? I had a work commitment, Board of Directors meeting started at 6:30 pm and I was only able to catch the last minute of regulation in the 3rd period. That was already after 9:00 p.m. I called my husband to let him know that I was coming home, promised that I would drive carefully, not speeding, and to make sure the game was still being recorded. I got home just in time to see Number 43 scored the overtime goal at 3:58 minutes into the 1st overtime. As I looked thru all the photos I took of the Red Wings, I saw that I captured a few of Darren Helm. Perhaps I should call the scout at the Red Wings and tell them that I have the skills that recognize talents early on :)
These photos were taken on April 6,2008 at the Red Wings home game v. Chicago Blackhawks. My husband got the tickets for my birthday because he wanted to fulfill my dreams of seeing all the Original Six Teams on home-ice. So far I only attended two games - New York Rangers v. Montreal Canadiens at the Garden and Detroit Red Wings v. Chicago Blackhawks at the Joe. I saw all the Original Six teams played except Toronto Maple Leafs at Scottrade Center in St. Louis.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails