Thursday, January 03, 2013


One more time - Happy New Year!  I thought these images from the Butterfly House would be a good start - positive, beautiful thoughts and acceptance that life goes on (the lifespan of a butterfly, dependent on the breed, could be only a few days or up to a year - no 100 years old butterfly). Spread your wings, fly high and enjoy each moment in the sun.  I found an article in the Grand Haven Tribune (at about a professional cyclist currently living on a sailboat.  You could read her blog at www.alwaysgoblog.wordpress.comI have thought of her comment, "Tickets are issued.  Only a few check-in for the journey of their dreams", where is your ticket? 
We missed the Times Square New Year ball-drop ceremony again!  Ralphie was already in bed and I continued watching the Twilight Zone Marathon.  I was supposed to keep watch but I fell asleep on the sofa and did not hear the clock striked at midnight.  2012 quietly left and 2013 casually came without bothering to wake us up for the celebration.
We had a few flurries on the last day of 2012, not enough for accumulationAfter putting in a couple of volunteer hours at the Butterfly House, I went to the store to return two sweaters and a necklace Ralphie had given me.  Next year I will remember to actually go to the store, look and touch before putting the items on my wish list.  The sweaters only looked good in the catalog and the necklace was actually a tiny, wimpy piece.  After the store, I visited a parishioner who had hip and knee surgery.  I brought her Holy Communion since she could not drive to attend Mass.   
I completed the 50 hours of volunteer in 2012 to qualify for an honorary membership with the Garden.  The regular membership is $65, that comes out to be $1.30 per volunteer hour.  I know you don't calculate wages when you volunteer.  I would rather get a good paying job so I could afford the $65 annual membership than putting in volunteer hours (at $1.30 per hour) while being unemployed.  OK, let's put a stop to this negative thinking! 
Ralphie was off the whole week of Christmas and finally went back to work on the 2nd.  The Director of Quality quit last month and moved to Nashville for a better job.  Ralphie told the company that he is happy with being Quality Engineer, doing the work without the pressure of being a manager.  The company already found a replacement and the new Director will start on Jan. 14th.  He and his family will be moving to St. Louis from Charlotte, North Carolina. Come to think of it, we have been in St. Louis 18+ years.  Ralphie said that pretty soon I will be more St. Louisian than being Vietnamese since I left Viet Nam when I was 19 years old.  I might have to make up stories about going to John F. Kennedy High School in Manchester! 

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails