SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Thursday, October 09, 2008

A BANNER RAISING EXPERIENCE


These photos (above) were taken at Game 1 of the 2008 Stanley Cup on Saturday, May 24th at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan.
It was my beloved Detroit Red Wings home opener game (Thursday, October 9th). How I wish I could be there at the Joe, among the sold-out crowd, watching the 11th Stanley Cup Championships banner being hoisted to the rafters. Instead I had to watch the celebration on my laptop because I could not find the coverage on any major sports channels. Of course the local TV stations would not cover the celebration considering the local hockey team, St. Louis Blues did not make it to the playoffs the last two years and never got to the final round of the championships. These are the photos I took from the Detroit Red Wings website, (below) showing Nicklas Lidstrom with the Stanley Cup along with the President's Trophy for the best records and most points and other trophies the team won last season. It was still great watching Gordie Howe passed the banner to Lidstrom on the ice.

To ease the sadness, I looked over photos from all the games at the Joe, especially game 1 of the Stanley Cup when the Red Wings blank the Penguins 4-0. It was such a memorable moment in my life-time of being a hockey fanatic. That and being at the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto. Here is to another great NHL season and lot of best wishes to my beloved Red Wings!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails