SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Monday, April 27, 2009

HUMOR OF THE WEEK - PLEASE STEP UP AND COME ON IN

I hope you will enjoy this second post in my weekly Humor of the Week series. A few weeks ago while walking along Hamilton Parkway in Brooklyn, New York, I saw, then took a second and then a third look at the door in these photos. I don't know about anyone else but for a short person like me, it would take more than a jump to get inside. Do the people have to bring a ladder with them for each visit? Or just yell out loud and a ladder would be lower from the roof? I was tempted to knock on the door but I could not reach it! I did not see any evidence of stairs that was taken out or any kind of entrance/exit ramp. It looks like the door knob and keyhole are still there. Would any smart people have any logical explanations or educated guess about this door? There must be history or a story behind of what the door once was.

1 comment:

Qaptain Qwerty said...

It's a door used with cartoon physics. The roadrunner would run out of the house so fast and land across the street. The coyote would run out, turn to look at the camera, shrug, and only then would he fall down onto the sidewalk.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails