SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Monday, June 01, 2009

HUMOR OF THE WEEK - IT WOULD NOT BE A GOOD NAME FOR A RESTAURANT!

"Would you like to go to dinner with me at the New Wing Fat Restaurant?" Good thing it was a Dry Cleaner (above photo taken in Park Slope, May 8, 2009), it definitely would not be a good name for a restaurant. I was so tempted to go in and ask the owner how he/she came up with the name Wing Fat for their store. But I thought "Wing Fat" probably come from a Chinese or Korean pronunciation. Well, if you still wish to join me for dinner, we'll just order one salad with two forks :)

1 comment:

Qaptain Qwerty said...

"Wing Fat" probably came from 永發, which while is written in Pinyin/Mandarin as "Yong Fa", in the Cantonese dialect it is, you guess it, "Wing Fat". 永發 means Continuous Improvement or Eternal Prosperity, or something like that. Hope I didn't ruin your humor of the week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails