SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Monday, June 22, 2009

HUMOR OF THE WEEK & THREE QUESTIONS

IF A WOMAN IS STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WOODS SPEAKING & THERE IS NO MAN AROUND TO HEAR HER, IS SHE STILL WRONG?
I saw this sign at Fanning US 66 Outpost Souveniers shop, http://www.fanning66outpost.com/. (More about the shop in future posts). I don't have any more photos of dry cleaners with funny names and even though I don't exactly know what the sign was about other than "Men from Mars, Women from Venus" humor, I thought the sign would suffice for this week Humor of the Week post.

Now on a new feature - Three Questions (randomly selected from the Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph. D.)

Question #80 - Would you rather die peacefully among friends at age 50, or painfully and alone at age 80? Assume that most of the last 30 years would be good ones.


Answer from TOTA: How about 30 good years starting at the age of 50 without any friends, then live alone and at 80 die peacefully. I would rather be alone, no friends with 30 good years and without the painful part. I am not fond of pains. What can I say, I am a loner! What would be your choice?

Questions #31 - If you knew there would be a nuclear war in one week, what would you do?

Answer from TOTA: It depends on whether I would survive this nuclear war and what became of the immediate surroundings where I lived. If I only had one week (hopefully it would be during hockey season), I probably take all the money I have (not much) and see the Montreal Canadiens and the Toronto Maple Leafs on home ice. Or better yet, playing in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final. What would you do?

Question #32 - Would you accept 20 years of extraordinary happiness and fulfillment if it meant you would die at the end of the period?

Answer from TOTA: Depends on when these 20 years of extraordinary happiness and fulfillment begins. At the age of 20 - I would accept the offer with hesitation because after only 20 good years I would die too young at the age of 40. I would definitely accept the offer when I was 40 because these were prime years physically and mentally. Not sure about after 50 since the body started to break down but 20 good years still would be a good offer. I would definitely accept these 20 years if I was offered "this deal of a lifetime" at the age of 30. I would rather lived a short life with extraordinary happiness and fulfillment than to live to be 100 yet boring and sad.
So, my adoring fans and faithful readers, your turn. What would be your answers?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails