SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Thursday, March 29, 2012

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED (WHAT MISSION?)

This post is way long overdue. One month late to be exact! Originally this post was dated February 29th because I felt that I would not be able to proudly claim "Mission Accomplished" if I did not publish all 29 posts during the month of February in the year of 2012. I promise that this would be the last time I set this silly goal posting each day during the month of February.

At first the goal of posting everyday was fun and helpful, keeping me motivated when I don't feel like blogging or have no interesting story to share. But then it became such a chore and the goal was meaningless. I cheated by creating a new post everyday but then trying to catch up a few days or even a week later. Who am I kidding?

Then I could not move on to more posting in March. It was as if I was stuck in 2nd gear. (Well, playing Scrabble was part of the reason.) I read somewhere about how social media has created a kind of "zombie" state of mind in modern society. Words are instantly transmitted and people write, blog or text without thinking, whatever happens to be on their mind and often without any consideration for others. My Dad often reminded me to be careful because once the words were spoken, you could not ask the other person to forget what was said. "Communicate only 1/3 of what is on your mind.", he wrote in the Guest Book when he visited us in 1996. How I wish I was able to follow Dad's advise each time I open my big mouth!

You probably want to know why these photos from Flaming Gorge Dam and Reservoir in Utah. No particularly reason. Just because I was so impressed with the structure, especially the sort-of rainbow/archway bridge, just like the time when I could not stop talking/writing about the Hoover Dam. If you are in the neighborhood, be sure to visit "George".


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails