SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

ST. LOUIS IN NOVEMBER

I continue to enjoy taking photos with the not-so-new camera (Sony Cybershot 7.2 megapixels) my husband gave me last June as an 18th Wedding Anniversary. Along with the camera is 2.0 GB memory stick that would allow me to take plenty of photos. I became more aware of the world around me as I try to capture nature in meaningful ways or at least thru my own interpretation.

The above photo was taken after we ate lunch at a cafe in Central West End. CWE is located west of downtown St. Louis. The neighborhood is filled with charming sidewalk cafes, art galleries, shops and cozy pubs. The tree-line, cobblestone streets are often filled with medical students and young urban professionals from nearby hospitals and Washington University Medical Center.


I took these photos at Forest Park while my husband took photos of his T-bird nearby. I just learned that Forest Park in St. Louis is 500 acres larger than New York's Central Park. Over 12 million visitors came to enjoy the beauty and outdoor recreational activities at this park. There is a dockside restaurant or people could bring their own picnic baskets. Families with children often take part in paddling canoes.

The park is also home to the St. Louis Zoo, the Muny Opera House, St. Louis Art Museum and Missouri History Museum. The photo below needs no introduction nor explanation - T-bird at Forest Park.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails