SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Sunday, March 23, 2008

HAPPY EASTER

A Blessed Easter to you and your family.
The photo above shows a bakset of various Easter eggs we have purchased over the years or were given to us from my husband parents. I think the one on the top right (with the painting of the Nativity) was from a Polish gift shop in Hamtramck, Michigan.
This year we decided to color and decorate the eggs. It was a tradition we used to do when we first got married. You could tell the Chinese character (Love) and the lousy drawing of the arch was done by me. My husband tried to draw a Polish eagle but gave up after 2 tries as the hot melting wax would not cooperate. My husband gave me the little sheep (below) to add to my beannies collection.
The snow started coming down around 8:30 a.m. as we were getting ready for 9:00 a.m. Mass. The church already full by the time we got there. The snow stopped when we came out of church. We saw the lines of people waiting to attend 10:30 a.m. Mass. My husband did a good job getting out of the parking lot with cars coming and leaving. The sun came out around 2:00 p.m. but the snow came down again around 3:30 p.m. You could tell from the photo below that the snowflakes were very large but there was no accumulation because the weather was in the upper 40s. What an interesting day with the snow falling and stopping every other hour!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails