SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Thursday, November 27, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Happy Thanksgiving to all my adoring fans, faithful followers and all the loyal readers! Wishing you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving with lot of delicious food that nurture the bodies, love, happiness and peace that nurture the souls. (Must be the brocolli or could be the asparagus in my veggie meals again!)

In the past I don't care much when someone suggested before sitting down at the table to enjoy the Thanksgiving dinner that all join hands, after a prayer, each person would say what they are thankful for. Not that I don't think it is a good way the express our gratitude but saying out loud is too mushy for me. I am not very good at letting my emotion shown, especially in front of too many people, even if they are family members. Writing is different, so here are what I am thankful for.

I am thankful for every moment of living, able to see the world around me, to hear, to be able to communicate, to experience emotions of being happy or feeling sad, to make sound decisions as well as when to accept my limitations. I am thankful for the love I share with my husband, our good and bad times, sharing laughters, settling disagreements, for all the little boring daily activities we do together and for the big dreams we hope to enjoy in our old age.

I am thankful for my family, no matter how far apart we are, we know that we are connected. I think of my family often and keep them in my prayers for their well being. And whenever we are together, the distance and the months in between visits did not matter because the bond was never separated.

I am thankful for the goodness of America, the strength of human spirits, the resilient of individuals who accept responsibilities to do good work, taking care of their family and serving their community. I am thankful for God's Blessings, for His precious gift thru my Savior Jesus Christ. It is faith that have sustained me thru all the difficult times, lifted me up from the darkest hours. I am thankful for this moment and all the moments I have lived.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails