SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

PEACE AT NIGHT

Above photo was taken from our backyard on a clear night, no bright stars, just the moon from the distance, far far away.



A poem by Edna Massimilla published in a booklet by Salesian Missions Publication.



PEACE AT NIGHT

The time was well past midnight,

And my thoughts began to soar.

I was wide awake and stars were bright,

As I looked outside the door.

In the very stillness of the night,

I spoke to God in prayer.

With nothing to distract me,

I found peace - my Lord was there.

After attended the 5:00 p.m. Holy Mass on July 8th, we took the photos (above and below) from Basilica di San Pietro. We had to rush after the guided tour at the Colosseo but we were committed not to miss attending mass while in the Eternal City. It was an experience that I would forever treasure.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails