SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

IT'S A BEAUTY!

Last April I spent a few days with my Mom when she had an operation at Maimonides Hospital. I walked around the neighborhood in the afternoon to get lunch, to explore while getting fresh air. I tried to get to the hospital by 9:30 a.m. and stayed until 4:30 in the evening. I saw this old-time beauty salon while walking along New Utrecht Avenue. (Hey Qaptain Qwerty, is it in Bay Ridge neighborhood?) There was no business name listed on the outside of the building so I was surprised to see that there were people inside. A nice lady came out as I stopped, looking in thru the window and asked me if I needed direction. I explained that I was visiting my Mom at the hospital. I commented that I always like to see businesses that have been around for a long time and stood the test of time. She invited me to come inside and allowed me to take as many photos as I would like. I thanked the nice lady for her fine hospitality. Actually I kind of expected Austin Power to come out from the back room, said to me "Yeah Baby Yeah!" and started to dance to the 60's music. It would be so groovy & smashing!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails