SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Friday, November 19, 2010

FRIDAY STANDARD SKY

During his senior year in high school and while attending Lawrence University (it was called Lawrence Technical College back then), my husband worked at a gas station around the corner where he lived in Detroit, Michigan. CP earned a Mechanical Engineering degree from Lawerence in 1980. Back then gas stations also served as repair shop and neighborhood places for car guys to hang out. CP became handyman from working there and also learned to fix minor problems, both around the house and automobile from his father and three brothers.
CP still remembered when the owner, Tony, decided to replace the sign, he offered to let CP keep the old Standard Oil Sign with the torch on top. However, a few days later CP could not find the sign anywhere. He was told that it was “accidentally” thrown into the dumpster. (It was probably another employee took the sign, knowing it was given to CP. If only we could find that son-of-a-gun and where he lived, we probably found the sign hanging on the wall in the b@&!@#d's garage!)
Both CP and I had a busy week at work. CP had to take care of a few customers visiting the plant and also getting ready for year-end audit. I kept busy with getting the bi-monthly newsletter published, Christmas Party and Board of Directors meeting in December and other office matters.
This whole week was mixed with warm sunny weather one day and back to chilly and cloudy the next. One evening, after "quitting time", I walked out to the parking lot only when the cold wind hit me, I realized that I left my coat in the office. I look forward to getting a few days off from "picking cottons" during the Thanksgiving holidays. Unless the line was for hockey tickets to the Original Six home games, you would not find me anywhere near the stores on Black Friday. Whatever your plans for Thanksgiving, I hope you will have a wonderful and enjoyable time with family and friends.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails