SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

TUESDAY TWO - AMERICAN FLAGS

Here is one more photo from Golden Eagle Country Store. The American flags in front of the store are perfect for this week Tuesday Two post.
At the city council meeting last night, I was again approached by a councilperson that I would consider being on the ballot in next year municipalitities election in April. Candidates filing would take place the second week in December. I responded that I would think about it. It was not the first time I was asked. Other people has requested that I would serve on the city council.


The person thought I would be a good "councilman" since I don't have a personal agenda. He added that he has observed my positive contribution when I served on the Comprehensive Planning and how I made decisions based on facts and careful evaluation at Board of Adjustment hearings. I was flattered yet not ready to make the commitment.

I wonder how much changes would come from the outcomes of last week's midterm election. How many legislators came into the offices they were elected without personal agenda and really wanted to serve the people? How many promises were just campaign slogans and would be broken once the election was over? What will it take for regular citizens (like you and me) to step up and agree to be public servants? What will it take to get our country back to be that shining beacon, the respect we earned (not bowing to kings and emperors), prosperity from our hard work (not handouts from the government) and individual responsibilities?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails