SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Sunday, November 25, 2012

STEEP GRADES AND SHARP CURVES AHEAD

Whenever I feel sort-of blue (disgusted, disappointed, discouraged, depressed, repulsed, sickened etc.) I try to take my mind off the situation by looking at images from our road trips.  It usually cheers me up thinking of the wonderful time we had.  Of course, as the saying goes, "you can't just bury your head in the sand", so I was forced to get back to reality!  It has not been easy since "The Day After" knowing the direction of our country will most likely be - steep grades and sharp curves ahead.  The worst thing is having an incompetent driver speeding down the cliff while the cheering continues from the blindfolded passengers.  The rest of us tried but unable to get off the bus.  There is no pleasure after the crash in saying, "We told you so" when we are at the bottom of the cliff! 
As a person of faith, I am comforted knowing that I must "keep on working to complete your salvation with fear and trembling because God is working in you to help you want to do and be able to do what pleases Him.  You are living with crooked and mean people all around you, among whom you shine like stars in the dark world" Philippians 2:11-15.
"Do not gloat over me!  Though I have fallen, I will rise.  Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light."  Micah 7:8
Hold on tight for the next 4 miles of steep grades and downhill.  And don't blame me, I selected another driver!
(Photos from taken on I-70 in Colorado)  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails