SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Friday, April 26, 2013

JUST TAKING IT EASY

This is me, taking it easy and enjoying the free time (I would be the one sitting on the rock while others swimming around).  A few of my classmates have kids that are between 6 and 8 years old.  One person has a 9 months old baby.  Others work full time and carrying the same course load as I do.  They attended class and submitted assignments on time.  They don't expect special treatment or getting passing grade without doing the hard work.  I told them that I greatly admired them for their determination and how they managed to handle all the responsibilities.  I remembered when I was at Hunter College while working full time but that was when I was young and had a purpose and lot of goals in life than simply watching hockey/football games!
I still don't know how I did it - one semester I carried 12 credits while working full time.  Somehow I managed to earned a straight A's that semester.  It could be because I set goals to achieve a college education and a better future.  And I had to take care of myself since I did not have a husband back then.  Now I am a geezer, not much energy left, and I could live off my husband who has been very supportive.  After 30 years of working and paying taxes, I will try not to feel too guilty about taking it easy for awhile.  Besides, I would rather be working only if I was not "thrown-off" the bridge .......     

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails