SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Saturday, December 23, 2006

STOP AND SMELL THE EGGNOGG

I did something very brave today, two days before Christmas and I went to the grocery shop. It looked like half of the town population was driving along the main road and the other half was in the stores. We already shopped for what we needed to make a nice Christmas dinner. Today I only needed a few items and did not feel the pressure to rush around like other people in the store.

I smiled and said Merry Christmas to a woman who almost ran me over with her cart piling high. She stared at me as if I committed a crime being pleasant among all the grumpy shoppers. I stopped to tell a store employee that she was doing a good job and thanked her for working so hard during the holidays. She started telling me that she worked 10 hours every day the last two weeks and how she still had to purchase gifts for her children.

As I moved along, I overheard an old lady asking someone where she could get the eggnogg. The person said he did not know. I turned around and pointed to the corner where I saw the eggnogg. Looking at the sea of shoppers, the old woman could not find the item. I decided to walk with her to the aisle that had the eggnogg. As I began walking away, she asked, "Is this the sale item in the newspaper?" I politely responded, "I did not see the newspaper but these are $5 for two large cartons." She decided to purchase one small carton for $2.99 each.

The store manager probably thought I had nothing better to do or just trying to repent for all the terrible things I did by helping the sweet little old lady. The person who monitors the store's security camera wonders why I was the only smiling shopper while everyone else rushing around with a frown on their face. I simply follow the advice of a wise man, "Stop and Smell the Eggnogg." Merry Christmas!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails