SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Thursday, October 07, 2010

10,000

The counter on this boring blog reached 10,000 on October 1, 2010. Actually, I would have loved to be able to capture an image when the count was at 9,999. To all my adoring fans, faithful readers and all the visitors, thank you very much. To my followers – a deep appreciation from the bottom of my heart :)
I started this blog on August 4, 2006 and it has been fun. Over the years, TOTA has changed from essay writing style without any photos to the current format filled with cheesy photos, silly stories and a lot of rambling. I no longer try to impress the readers with latest world news, deep thoughts or intelligent comments. TOTA has become more of a diary/journal/scrapbook.
I envy bloggers whose counters are in the six-digits and also have followers in the hundreds, some in the thousands. One of the blogs that was featured in the Blog of Notes has 4,321 followers. Jeremiah’s Vanishing New York, www.vanishingnewyork.blogspot.com has over a million hits. (BTW, Qaptain Qwerty, you should reach 20,000 hits pretty soon!)

I am always delighted when someone left a comment. It has been awhile since I receive any comments, not even from Qaptain Qwerty (www.qaptainqwerty.com). I know the content of my blog don’t generate much discussion and since I enable “comment moderation”, some people consider a turn-off. However, I truly appreciate those rare comments because they were special when someone took the time and the trouble to leave the comments. I feel it is worth the extra step when I leave comments on others' blogs that also have comment moderation.
So, what will be next, TOTA? Well, I hope to reach 700th post by December 31, 2010. Also, in 2009, I posted a total of 230 entries for the year. For 2010, I will try to set a new record, maybe 250 entries. The goals are meaningless, but they keep me motivated to keep publishing.

Thank you again, to all the regular readers, occasion readers and first time visitors. Please join me in the celebration of this milestone of 10,000th in TOTA’s Counters. Here is to the next 10,000 and Happy Blogging, everyone!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails