SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Saturday, October 02, 2010

NO KANE, NO ABEL (THE CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS)

No, I am not talking about the Kane and Abel British novel by Jeffrey Archer, nor the 1985 miniseries. I definitely am not referring about the duo rappers from New Orleans.
On Thursday, September 30th we went to the St. Louis Blues pre-season game. I usually don't care for weekday games because it is too much trouble rushing from work, meeting up with my husband then fighting rush hours traffic going downtown to Scottrade Center. I would be willing to go thru all the trouble only when my beloved Detroit Red Wings are in town. This time, it was the Chicago Blackhawks. They are the 2010 Stanley Cup Champion and one of the Original Six (you know I am a big fan of the Original Six), so I made an exception and went to the game.

I should have known that it was pre-season and St. Louis was not good enough for all the big players to participate. I waited at my usual spot ready to take photos when the players were coming out to the ice for a 20-minute warm up. Patrick Kane, Marian Hossa, Patrick Sharp and the captain Jonathan Toews did not make the trip. The Blues won 5-1 since all these goal scoring forwards were not in the game. For a hockey fanatic like me, one more week before another exciting season, it could not come soon enough!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails