SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

IT IS MY YEAR

Lucy: It's Here! It's Here!


Lucy: This is My Year! It's going to be all mine! This is My Year!


Charlie Brown: Where does that leave the rest of us?


Lucy: Nowhere!


Lucy: STAY OUT OF MY YEAR!!!


This is My Year!

This is the year that I will discard the emotional and mental baggage that have made me grumpy, sarcastic and angry at the world. This is the year that I will discard useless, meaningless earthly possessions that have cluttered my living space.


This is the year that I will say goodbye to negativity that have dragged me down. I will stop the irrational beliefs that have kept me spinning.

I will discard my own inflated ideas that others should always treat me well and that I should receive special treatments. This year I will encounter life's injustice not with acceptance of defeat but with courage to be strong and determination to create my own success.

This is the year that I will focus on making my own success by working hard, completing the tasks, being optimistic and self-aware of my abilities and limitation.


This is the year that I will not be afraid of finding meaningful work despite of the job market or the downturn in the economy. I will not stay at a job that turns dreary, just waiting for retirement or afraid that I would not be able to find another job because staying at a job that has become dreadful would be too many years of bitterness and resentment.


This is the year that I will make improvements and learn new skills.

This is the year that I will take swimming lessons to really learn how to be a good swimmer. I will schedule my boxing training often. I will make my workouts a priority.

This is the year that I will take extra weeks of vacation to visit my family in New York and really spend quality time with my Mother (to celebrate her 70th birthday and also spend the first Mother's Day with her since I moved away in 1988.)

This is the year that I hope to go back to Viet Nam, the birthplace I left when I was a teenager and now visiting it as a middle age woman. I hope to take the trip with my Sister and spend a whole month traveling from Sai Gon to Ha Noi.

I long to spend time with my nephew, just sitting in the same room, just being with him and if he let me, hug him, kiss him and tell him how much I love him.

This is the year that I will live my life to the fullest, to be aware of each breath, each moment, to appreciate each day, to enjoy the bird nests on the bare tree branches and to be alive and to be the best performer on the stage of life.

Unlike Lucy, I invite you to join me and share My Year!

1 comment:

Affan said...

Hi, I just stumbled across your blog and was very inspired to read this new year resolution entry! Hope you succeed in fulfilling all the goals you described. Thanks for sharing!!

Affan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails