SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Sunday, January 04, 2009

WILD CARD WEEKEND RUINED

I was not hopefully that my beloved New England Patriots would make it to the Super Bowl without Tom Brady. I thought with everything in place, Matt Cassel would at least carry the team into the playoffs. After the Dolphins eliminated the Jets, I decided to cheer for Chad Pennington and the Dolphins as they deserved the support for coming back from being the last place finish last year. I also did not like the fact that the Jets traded Pennington to make room for Farve after he changed his mind about accepting a coaching job at a retirement home in Arizona!
My husband still believes that the Rams should never trade Kurt Warner. Whenever we go to a game, CP would only cheer for the Rams only when they play defense. He would pretend to make fun of Marc Bulger for throwing like a girl. CP said he did that just because I like Bulger. Just for old times sake, I post the above photo showing the banner from 1999 when the St. Louis Rams won the Super Bowl and Kurt Warner was named MVP. Someone commented that the Super Bowl is named as World Championships and for baseball, the World Series, yet there are only American/Canadian teams participated.
My Wild Card weekend was ruined. Of all the teams, only the Cardinals (30-24 over the Falcons) moved on to meet the Panthers in the Divisional match-up. The Dolphins fell to the Ravens 9-27 while the Chargers defeated the Colts 23-17 in OT. I am sure that being named the League MVP for the 3rd time did not help ease the pains for Peyton Manning. Coach Dungy is again evalutating whether he would retire after his 8th season with the Colts. The Eagle beat the Vikings 26-14, no crying for me there as I don't care much for neither teams. What else could happen to make my weekend worse than having the teams I cheered for eliminated? Well, how about my eye glasses broken in half! I need these glasses at night after I remove the contact lenses. I did not know my own strength and broke the frame in half when I tried to make adjustment. Why does it have to happen to such a nice person like me?

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Sorry to see your glasses in 2 pieces. I get mine adjusted frequently, but never do it myself. Hubby broke his like yours once and had them soddered. That might be an option for you. They held up for him almost a week.

We watch hockey too. Though I don't as much as we used too. Back in the day we had an IHL team here in town and had season tickets, I loved that. Same teams, same people, sit close, affordable. Now...we have The Blue Jackets, really not as enjoyable.

Followed The Cards a few back during the series. That was exciting and then some. I even have a Cards shirt and sweatshirt.

Though I've been to St. Louis many times and like it there, have never been inside and up in the arch. I've been at the bottom looking up...which makes me dizzy.

Daughter did her undergrad out there at Wash U and really loved St. Louis. Hopes to return there once she's finished with her Masters.

Love eatting in The Hill area, and Central West End. I think Dogtown was the other area we enjoyed.

Doing some blog walking and found myself here.

Have a great wkend.
Stop in for a visit, the welcome mats always out.

Sandy

Qaptain Qwerty said...

I'm sure some nerd would be glad to offload the glasses for you. Guh guh guh.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails