SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Thursday, January 15, 2009

IT'S ALL GONE TO THE BIRDS!

The phone rang, it was Kurt Warner (quarterback for the Arizona Cardinals). Kurt said, "Mrs. P, please cheer for the Philadelphia Eagles. We heard about the other teams that suffered defeats because you jinxed them with your cheering." It hurts to be known as a jinx in the sports world! Of course, my predictions stink too since I make a friendly wager with the boys at work that the Titans and the Giants will be in the Superbowl. So much for my sports analysis.

Last weekend, I picked the Tennessee Titans and they lost to Baltimore Ravens 10-13. I wanted the New York Giants to win (my hometown team and I like Eli Manning), Philadephia embarassed the Giants 23-11. I thought Carolina Panthers would have a better chance, I was glad Kurt Warner and the Cardinals won 33-13. Big Ben and the Steelers proved they were strong with a win 35-24 over San Diego Chargers. As the Ravens, the Cardinals, the Eagles and the Steelers advanced, the Conference Championships all gone to the birds!

I don't have anything in the house with Ravens. I only have cardinals and eagles as my husband has a pretty good collection of eagles. CP made the above cardinal at a stained glass class and the eagle below is an ornament from our trip in Alaska.

I look forward to watching the games but I will not make any predictions and at Mr. Warner's request, I will cheer (jinx) for the Eagles instead!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails