SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Monday, September 27, 2010

BBQ HUMOR - "SMELL THAT BUTT"

No, I am not turning into one of those "foul mouth" people who have limited vocabulary. I am just trying to add a little humor to my boring blog. The 2010 BBQ Bash took place last weekend of September on the 25th and 26th. Since someone we know was a contestant, we made sure that we would not miss the Bash again. (I think we were out of town last year.) Each entry was judged base on presentation, tenderness of the meat, how unique the barbecue sauce is, its level of tanginess, and its overall taste.
My husband was at a golf tournament on Saturday so I walked around by myself. I had plenty of time to take photos without having to explain to CP why I captured certain images. I thought these were very “clever, silly and outrageously funny” BBQ trade names, especially “Hot Tasty Butts Piggy’s BBQ”.
On Sunday, CP and I went to the Bash and we tasted three different kind of ribs. They were all good. (What can I say, I love to eat!) There were more than 20 food booths offering different kinds of BBQ. Some were from local restaurants while others were national chains. In addition to the BBQ, there were typical carnival food such as funnel cakes, pork rinds, roasted corn and kettle korn. The Bash was open to the public and there was no admission. You paid the vendors when you purchased food and drink. There were plenty of “freebies” from banks, insurance companies and complimentary massage from a day spa.
There was entertainment from local bands, dance performances, a classic car show, farmers’ market and chicken wings eating contest. Saturday was a beautiful sunny day but the rain came at night and chased away a lot of people when the Bash re-opened on Sunday.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails