SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Sunday, January 08, 2012

WILD CARD WEEKEND

Since the St. Louis Rams (2-14) did not make it to the playoffs (again) and I don't have any new football photos to post, so these photos will have to do. After the whole week of nice weather in the upper 60s (it reached 74s on Thursday), the temperature dropped down to mid-40s today. You could tell from these photos I took after coming out of church this morning that it was cloudy and grayish sky. After Mass, I brought Holy Communion to a parishioner who was discharged from the hospital earlier this week and is at home under hospice care. "Martha" looks weak compared to when I visited her on Wednesday. When I saw the red berries on the bare branches against the gloomy sky, I thought how about nature end-of-life, and sometimes we try to hang on to things, unable to let go, knowing that there was very little left. Martha smiled when I told her I also brought her a copy of the bulletin. After we prayed, I said goodbye and that I would bring her Holy Communion again on Wednesday even though we both knew that might not be necessary.

This is Wildcard Weekend "Do or Die" round. Yesterday, Saturday, Jan. 7th, the Detroit Lions gave the New Orleans Saints a hard time in the first half but could not hold the ground. The Saints advanced with a win 45-28, sending the Lions back to their den. The Houston Texans also won 31-10 over the Cincinnati Bangels. Latest news - my American hometown team the New York Giants had a big win 24-2 over the Atlanta Falcons (I should have bet with my sister who is now living in Atlanta but she does not care about football.) It should be a great match-up when the Giants play against the Packers in the Divisional Round next week.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails