SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Sunday, August 19, 2012

STUCK IN ROCK CITY, CHATTANOOGA, TENNESSEE

Saturday, August 17th - After the "food fight" at the picnic, we went to 4:00 p.m. Mass.  I was surprised to see that the church was almost full.  We don't go to Saturday evening Masses often.  I especially don't like the 5:30 p.m. Mass.  I know we come to church to worship and I am not supposed to judge others on how they dress.  But I have seen some people who came to Mass looking as if they just woke up from an afternoon nap or came in from working in the yard all day, and some did not even bother combing their hair.  I am from the old school when it comes to traditional Sunday morning Mass.  I always feel less "holy" when we attend Saturday and Sunday evenings Mass.  Don't get me started on the summer dresses (those that are supposed to be worn only at the beach) or really short shorts worn by some middle-age women!  My rules of thumb is if such clothing is considered inappropriate at the office, then it should not be worn to the Lord's house. 
This is one of the many monumental rock formations at Rock City.  The brochure only mentions about the Grand Corridor but we "squeeze" thru a few narrow paths to get up to the observation point.  I wonder if anyone ever got stuck there.  Moving the rocks would not be an easy options.  The other options would be to leave the person there without food, only enough drinking water and after a few days, the person might slim down and able to wiggle out of the tight spot.  What would you recommend?  
Note to QQ - You have asked "What's with house of worship and double parking?  Ever heard of parking a few blocks away and walk from there."  I wholeheartedly agree with you that able bodies should park a few blocks away and walk because (a) it is a good exercise and (b) leave the nearby spots for those with physical difficulties.  I personally always try to park far away but not isolated area and walk to the buildings.  However, I know that most of the people who go to church are old people.  Whenever we go to 8:30 a.m. Mass or when I used to attend daily Mass, I was among the few "young" people there.  About double parking, I thought that is just everywhere in NYC, not just house of worship.  Let's hear it from other NewYorkers or those in big and crowded cities.  Here in STL, we never had such problems, especially where I live, always plenty of parking spaces.  So QQ, move out here and you never had to encounter double parking ever again!     

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails