SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Monday, May 26, 2014

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE - 2014 MEMORIAL DAY



The first three-day summer weekend has gone by so fast!  I enjoy my new job so it is not too bad going back to work tomorrow.  But I hope I will never become those who “live to work” because while I enjoy working, I only want to work to make a decent living.  A job should not define your goals in life and definitely not equate to your happiness.



Actually I was interviewed for a position with an Intellectual Property law firm the same week I was offered the position with my current firm.  The recruiter told me that I was one of the top three candidates for consideration with the IP firm.  I decided to accept the position with my current firm.  I sure am glad I did.  The IP position would require that I worked on Sunday and at “crazy” hours to accommodate oversea clients (England/Germany or China/Japan).  While IP is a very prestige area of law, I don’t regret my decision.  I believe I am where I am supposed to be.



We went to Mass this morning.  There was only Memorial Day Mass and I was disappointed that there were not as many people as I thought there should be.  After Mass, we saw a couple who received special blessings from the priest for their 60th wedding anniversary.  We only have 35 more years to get there!



This cake is located in a walking path between the Courthouse and the Police Department.  The Police Department is across the Courthouse.  My office is about three short blocks from there.  The sculptures are great and thoughtful tribune to the police officers and firefighters.



To all the men and women of our Armed Forces, thank you for your services.  To those who gave their lives, our gratitude for the freedom you provided.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails