SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

TOTA ACHIEVES IMPORTANT MILESTONE

My adoring fans and faithful followers, rejoicing with me as my little silly blog, TOTA, has reached an important milestone. According to the "accurate and reliable" Brave.net Counter, the current count is over 5,000 (half of that would be from my daily visits to make sure the blog did not suddendly disappear overnight). Also, I have set a new record of 113 posts for the year of 2009 (and it is only July), compared to 107 in 2008, 89 in 2007 and a pitiful 47 posts in 2006. The next milestone I am trying to reach would be the 400th post. I only need 44 more posts to get there! (Hey Qaptain Qwerty, you only need 22 to reach your 500th post - so get busy and keep posting. And tell your friend, the Lone Gunman to start blogging as his faithful followers have been waiting!)
I am such a goal-oriented person that in order to motivate myself to continue blogging, not so much writing but posting often, I have to set and try to reach certain levels. At the beginning back in August 2006, I wrote lengthy posts about what was happening in my life, in the community, typical rants and raves and comments on current events. One day I became brave and learned how to post photos. Since then my blog has became more of a scrapbook (or photo albums) with lot of photos and not much writing. I no longer tried to impress the readers with intelligent comments or lengthly essays without much content. My little silly blog will continue to include photos from my visits to NYC, photos of "Babe" Benjamin around St. Louis, my new passion for discovery and history of Route 66 and anything that might be worthy to share (such as Humor of the Week) with my adoring fans and faithful followers. Sorry I did not buy a cake or a bottle of champaign, I hope you enjoy looking at these pretty flowers.

1 comment:

Qaptain Qwerty said...

Wow, congratulations!

Dang Facebook keeps me busy, although I must say I got a lot more feedback from my Facebookies, which is the term I coin to mean "Facebook friends". Much as we like to think of blogging as a diary, to write down our thoughts just for ourselves, it gets lonely when no one post comments.

I'll nudge The Lone Gunman about his untidy blog, but I know he has personal reasons.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails