SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

HOTELS & THEATRE - CONEY ISLAND

I took these photos of the Shore Hotel because I thought the abandoned building looked interesting being covered up with colorful painted boards and kind of pretty in a sad way, like an old woman who tried to dress up in a faded fancy evening grown and heavy make-up without any place to go or hopelessly waiting to be invited to a party. According to the blog Vanishing New York, the building will soon be replaced with a high rise. I am glad I took these photos.

I could not find much information on Google about this building with the sign Terminal Hotel. But I found another neat website, www.forgotten-ny.com.
Below are a few more photos of the Shore Theatre. I forgot to bring the book The Big Onion Guide to Brooklyn with me but when I saw the SHORE sign, I knew this large 1920s building on Stillwell Avenue was special.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails