SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

CHRISTMAS TREE AT ROCKEFELLER CENTER, NEW YORK CITY

I watched the broadcast of the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony took place this evening, as traditionally scheduled for the Wednesday after Thanksgiving. According to the news this Christmas tradition that began in 1933, is still delighting New Yorkers and visitors alike, many years later. This year, the Rockefeller Center tree is a 10-ton, 76-foot Norway Spruce, and is adorned with 30,000 energy efficient lights. The tree comes from Easton, Connecticut, and has a rare double trunk. On top of the 2009 Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree is the New Swarovski Star.
Since I could not be in NYC to watch the ceremony in person, I thought posting these photos from my visit in December 2007 would bring back wonderful memory of being in New York City at Christmas time. There is something magical about Christmas and about being in New York during this glorious reason. Here in St. Louis, light rain with possible flurries tonight. I should remember to keep a blanket, a hat and a pair of gloves in the car, better be ready for the cold weather!

O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree,
Much pleasure doth thou bring me!
O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree,
Much pleasure doth thou bring me!
For every year the Christmas tree,
Brings to us all both joy and glee,
O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree,
Much pleasure doth thou bring me!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails