Tuesday, December 01, 2009


Thanksgiving morning, Thursday, November 26th, I woke up with a light headache, painful back, uncomfortable cramp and extremely moody. Not to worry, it was one of those "that-time-of-the-month" sufferings! I rotated between staying in bed and the lazy-boy recliner while my sweet husband busy making the turkey, baking apple and pumpkin pies, getting ready for our wonderful Thanksgiving meal. It was sunny but windy and cold, in the low 40, so we both stayed inside all day. A good day of rest and plenty of food for just two people. Above photo shows the rabbit tried not to look at the turkey "sort of" before and after its transformation from the oven!

Friday, November 27th - we got up around 8:30 a.m. while the crazy shoppers probably just finished up their 4:15 a.m. shopping spree! Unless Black Friday included hockey tickets to Original Six home games, I would never be among the people standing in line waiting. After lunch, more turkey and pies, we went to the mall mostly to walk around. There were plenty of parking spots, people carried packages of newly purchased items but not as crowded as we expected. My husband pointed out a few items at Sears and for me, a couples of sweaters that he could get me. We both try to be pratical with our gifts this year and still have that anticipation of not knowing which presents we would be getting. The rest of Friday found us again taking it easy and eating more turkey and pies!

Saturday, November 28th - By the time I came back from the library and took care of a few errands, my husband already put up the Christmas tree in the family room and the Nativity in front of our house. We spent time decorating the tree and the house before heading to 4:00 p.m. Mass. After church, we quickly changed into our jerseys and went downtown for the Wings v. Blues hockey game. (More about this later - you will not believe what happened and what I did at this game.)

Sunday, November 29th - My husband decided to play a round of golf so he left early this morning. I was a bit tired from getting home after 11:00 p.m. last night. You probably wonder what took us so long getting home when the game started at 7:00 p.m. and ended at 9:45 p.m. including overtime and shootout. (My beloved Red Wings won - thanks to Datsyuk and Bertuzzi for beating Mason in the shootout.) Sorry, for the details, you will have to wait for the next post - even I could not believe what I did!

We planned to go out for our Sunday drive but it was cloudy with a threat of rain - of course, no T-bird if it was going to rain. Another relaxing day for us, staying in, eating more turkey and pies. That was all we did at Thanksgiving and the days after. How was your Thanksgiving? Are you ready for Christmas?

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails