SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Friday, December 24, 2010

FRIDAY SKY - SNOW AND MY FALLING RED WINGS

I got up around 9:30 this morning and saw that the snow has been gently falling after we went to bed around midnight. Why staying up so late, TOTA, you probably are asking? We came home after the Blues v. Wings game and I was up all night worrying about my falling beloved Red Wings. They lost 2 of the last 5 games. And it was just my luck that the two games the Wings lost were the Blackhawks game on December 17th (we were there) and last night against the Blues (and we were there)!
It is always so nice to be in my toasty warm robes and slippers, looking at the blanket of fluffy white snow covering my backyard. I planned to stay inside all day, sitting in my recliner (with the view – top photo), reading and relaxing. My husband has been up since 8:00 a.m. to make the pies (apple and pumpkin). He already cooked the fillings on Wednesday. This afternoon CP will be making the perogies. We are planning to attend midnight Mass at St. Louis Cathedral on Lindell Boulevard.
The Darling #13 Datsyuk was not in the line up due to a broken hand during the game against the Vancouver Canucks. The hockey god has played a pretty good joke on me. I was looking forward to seeing Mike Modano in the Red Wings jersey and he also suffered a hand injury last month. I took photos of Marian Hossa when he was with the Pittsburgh Penguins and also with the Red Wings. Hossa was injured 2 weeks ago and was not in the line up when we were at the game in Chicago last week. Two years ago, we got tickets to see the New Jersey Devils but Martin Brodeur was out due to an elbow surgery. No wonder, Chris Osgood (during his 2 years with the Blues) ran away so fast to the locker room when he saw me coming towards the ice rink at a practice at St. Louis Mills. Words around the NHL that when players see an old chubby short Asian woman, they should avoid any eye contact or not be in the area because she is a jinx!
Chris Osgood would have been among the 10th active goalies with a 400th win if the Red Wings did not squander the 1st period. The Wings came back strong the 2nd and 3rd period but still lost 3-4 to the Blues.
However you are celebrating the Holidays, wishing you and your family blessings and may peace and love filled your hearts and your homes!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails