SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Monday, January 17, 2011

COOL STUFF

Saturday, January 15th – We went to the 6th Annual Ice Carnival in the Delmar Loop. It was our first time because I did not know about this Carnival. I only knew about the Ice Sculptures Festival in St. Charles. That goes to show that there is always something new around town (and we have been living here since 1995). Do you have Ice Carnival/Festival in your town?
(I thought of my nephew JL when I saw the above ice sculpture of the dragon since JL was born in the year of the Dragon.)
It was a lot of fun taking photos of the ice sculptures in front of different businesses. There were 5K and 10K Frozen Buns Runs starting at Blueberry Hill. I will post more photos of the ice sculptures and also an Ice Carving demos. We visited a few shops to get free chocolate coins (some lucky people also got real dollar coins) frozen in ice cubes, given away to get potential customers into the stores.
According to the Loop's official website, www.visittheloop.com, "A century ago at this location, streetcars from downtown “looped around” to return to the city, which gave the area its name. That movement and momentum continue today, as The Loop expands into the City of St. Louis with the exciting new growth and development that have made it a destination."Sunday, January 16th – Tom Brady threw his first interception in 12 games and was sacked five times in one of the worst performances of the season in a stunning 21-28 loss to the New York Jets. New England Patriots, the team with NFL’s best record, made so many inexcusable errors in the Sunday AFC Divisional Playoff Game. Brady’s 2-yard touchdown pass and a 2-point conversion provided a temporary gleam hope at half-time. The Patriots fell apart on both defense (allowing the Jets’ runs down the field) and offense with Branch and Welker dropped many of Brady’s long passes. (Even my grandmother could catch the ball and ran to the end zone!) After the game, as tears were falling down my face and onto the keyboard, I opened a comment that read, “Let’s go Jets!!! Jets, Jets, hurray!”. Who else would send me such kind and loving (NOT) comment but Qaptain Qwerty. I promise not to respond to such “trash talk” and will wait patiently for Friday, April 8th to come around – haa haa!
My football playoffs life must go on in anticipation of the match-up between the Packers v. the Bears in the NFC Championship game next Sunday at 3:00 p.m. follow by the AFC Championship game between the Jets v. the Steelers at 6:30 p.m. Hey Qaptain Qwerty, any prediction for the Superbowl? How about a friendly wager for a nice dinner at the Landing?

3 comments:

Salabencher said...

I like that snow man. Qaptain Q dosent watch football does he? Id be supprised.. hes faking interest..

Qaptain Qwerty said...

I predict the Jets will win the Superbowl! Wait a minute, make that the Stealers, uh, Steelers. I hope The Landings has a 99¢ menu.

Top-of-the-Arch said...

Start saving your money, Qap. There are only $1.25 items and I plan to order a large gooey butter cake to take home :)
I should have bet a dinner at Mama Campisi's on the Hill.
TOTA

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails