SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Saturday, January 01, 2011

FIRST POST OF 2011


"Lord, please hold all servicemen and women, law enforcement, emergency personnel and fire-fighters in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need."

Happy New Year to all my adoring fans, regular readers and all visitors.
I started this post a week ago but could not bring myself to publish. So I am sort-of cheating by leaving the title of this post as the 1st entry in 2011. It was as if I could not let go of 2010. Or it could be that the thoughts of starting over sort-of overwhelming. So, here it goes, another year of rambling about interesting topics to me but meaningless and boring to everyone else!
Saturday, January 1st – We started 2011 the right way by attending 9:00 a.m. Mass. We were pleased to find that the church parking lot was full and also there were a few cars in the secondary lot.
After church, we drove to the golf course because my husband was concern that the storm had done major damage to his “playground”. I am sure you already knew about the tornadoes touched down in the St. Louis area. It is near where we live, approximately 3.5 miles. We saw large trees with all the roots exposed laying on the ground as if they were pulled up by a giant! At least six houses in the subdivision next to the golf course with the roofs completely blown off.
The rest of the day was spent on watching the Rose Parade, the Rose Bowl football game and in the evening, the NHL Winter Classic – the Pittsburgh Penguins v. the Washington Capitals.
It was a nice relaxing day and ready or not, I welcome the challenges of 2011!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails