SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Sunday, January 09, 2011

WILD, WILD CARD GAMES

(These photos were taken at the Rams v. 49ers game on Sunday, December 26, 2010.)

Saturday, January 8th – I got up around 9:00 a.m. and proceeded to make breakfast since it was too cold to go anywhere and we needed to save money from eating out. (OK, Qaptain Qwerty and regular readers, please get up, stop rolling on the floor laughing about the statement that I made breakfast. Why, just last week I finally learned to boil eggs without burning any. Ok, you are probably questioning how anyone could burn a boiled egg. Well, let’s just say it involved my beloved Detroit Red Wings and overtime, then shootout!)
I spent the morning re-arranged my home office and helping my husband putting away all the Christmas decorations. I was able to watch the 1st half of the Saints v. Seahawks game before leaving the house. I signed up to volunteer with a program that sponsor monthly dance, at a local parish, for adults with mental disabilities. The dance party, music by a DJ, is organized to provide a safe and enjoyable environment. Most of these adults live in group homes or with their families. So the dance is their only outlet of entertainment while meeting others who have similar disabilities.
It was my first time so I arrived around 6:00 p.m. and was assigned to set up tables and chairs, getting the soda and snacks ready and then helping at the refreshment table. There were about 150+ guests with various degrees of difficulties. I had to learn to listen to what they say and help with simple task such as open the soda can. I got home around 8:30 p.m. to catch the Colts v. the Jets game.
Sunday, January 9th – After Mass, we visited Barb and spent the afternoon with her. Barb’s husband, Bob, passed away in October. I watched part of the Ravens v. Chiefs game since Barb (and Bob) also enjoyed football. We had an enjoyable time with Barb and thought it would help ease her loneliness and adjusting to the new situation of being a widow.
It was a disappointing weekend with three of the teams I cheered for did not advance to the Division. The Colts (10-6) got eliminated 16-17 by the New York Jets (11-5) while the Seahawks (7-9) ran over the Saints (11-5) 41-36. Matt Cassel and the Kansas City Chiefs (10-6) got beaten up badly 7-30 by the Ravens (12-4). The only bright spot was Aaron Rodgers and the Packers (10-6) eliminated the Eagles (10-6) 21-16 – it was a nail-biting game!

Next weekend, the Division match-up should be exciting (no predictions from me) – life is good!

2 comments:

Qaptain Qwerty said...

Let's go JETS!!! Jets, Jets, hurray!

(Just kidding, I am not a football fan at all, or a fan of any spectator sport, just pulling your legs!)

Top-of-the-Arch said...

I am going to call in sick tomorrow because my Patriots lost to the Jets. Another season ended in disappointment to Brady and company!
Keep warm, Qap and thanks for your kind support - NOT!
TOTA

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails