SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Thursday, January 27, 2011

IT WAS A BAD IDEA!

(Wooden sculpture in front of the community farmers' market in the Loop.)
We’ve been having nice sunny, not-to-cold weather the last few days. I did not even need a coat when I took the recycles out to my car. There are no recycle programs at the company or collections bins in the building where I work. I started and have been managing a “one man” Let’s be Green Initiative since 2005. Soda cans and water bottles would be taken home and put into the bin for weekly (Thursday) collection. The paper and cardboards would go into the bins at either my church or a neighborhood elementary school (if the bins at the church were already overflowed). I even tried to recycle plastic containers/fruit trays when we have in-house training seminars.
Wednesday (Jan. 26th) was a long day and I did not get home until almost 10:00 p.m. due to a Board of Directors meeting. The person who set up the NHL (the Red Wings schedule to be exact) must have a sick sense of humor because there would be good/great games in the same evening of the Board meetings. This time it was the Wings v. the New Jersey Devils. I was so glad that we had to wait for a few Board members who were running late. I watched the game as long as I could until the chairman yelled out, “TOTA, get in here for the meeting or you won’t have a job tomorrow!” During the meeting I had to excuse myself (for bathroom breaks) a few times to check on the scores. (Have you ever tried to watch a hockey game without making any sound for fear being caught for playing “hooky” from work?) I did not find out until I got home that the Wings won 3-1. Next time I plan to be sick from something I ate at lunch thus unable to be at the Board meeting!
OK, here it goes – I got kicked out of Bible Study on Tuesday night. I took the comment (words of wisdom) from the Lone Gunman aka Salabencher and got a Red Wings tattoo. When I showed off the tattoo at Bible Study, another woman who happened to be a St. Louis Blues fan, said the tattoo should read Dead Wings or Broken Wings would be more appropriate. Well, the Lord's command, "Love one another as I have loved you (John 13:34)" went out the door! I gave the woman a left hook and then an upper cut. She fell flat on her butt with a bloody nose. As I got up after being ordered to leave and never come back, my Bible “accidentally” knocked another woman off her chair. I checked the church website this morning and my face was on the front page above the word “unwanted” and also on the bulletin board. Thanks a lot for your comment, Salabencher. It was really a bad idea!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails