SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Friday, January 28, 2011

FRIDAY SKY - CHICKEN IN THE SKY

I stopped by the garden nursery where I have gotten fresh eggs but there was a sign saying that it would not be opened until mid-February. Last time I bought two dozens and that was a few weeks ago. I was tempted to jump over the wooden gate and get the eggs myself. I know where the chicken scoop is and since the chickens don’t stop laying eggs just because the place is closed, I should be able to get what I needed and leave the money in the mailbox. But I was too “chicken” of being caught trespassing!
(I really like these public sculptures because they are so unique. The vertical colorful art work gives the Loop an interesting look.)
I called to check on my sister this afternoon. CH told me that she has not gone outside for a week because of the snow storms kept coming in NYC. She was able to work from home but so sick of the winter weather. To lessen the cabin fever, CH tried planning our vacation in May when we “girls” would get together for our “Sistas Get-Away”. We both wish we could go on a Caribbean cruise like we did in January 2006. The cruise was a gift from CH to me for my 45th birthday.
Actually while I was on that Caribbean Cruise in 2006 that I met Aaron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers. He was there with a group of fans on their Annual Packers Fans Club Cruise. I took a photo with Rodgers. I wonder if he remembered a short chubby Asian woman who kept asking him to put on his “cheese head”. I know I should cheer for Rodgers and the Packers. But I have a feeling that the game will come down to a field goal or a 2-point conversion.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails