SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Friday, January 21, 2011

FRIDAY SKY - THE DELMAR LOOP

I had another busy week that included evening activities almost every day. As mentioned, I have Bible Study for the next 10+ Tuesday evenings. My beloved Detroit Red Wings came into town on Thursday, Jan. 20th for a game against the St. Louis Blues.
We did not get home until almost 11:00 p.m. because we again purchased tickets that were Club Seats which include food, drinks, comfortable leather seats and a hockey stick to be autographed by selected Blues (not Red Wings) players. After the game (the Wings won in overtime 4-3), we had to wait for goalies Jaroslav Halak and Ty Conklin to come out of the locker room. Both Halak and Conklin noticed my Original Six scarf which had the logos of the teams they were traded from, Halak was the goalie for Montreal Canadiens and Conklin was a former Red Wings goalie.
We had about 6” of snow from Wednesday evening to Thursday early morning. I was able to get to work but a lot of people did not make it in. The road crew did a good job of cleaning the highways and we did not have any problems driving to downtown for the game on Thursday night. The drive home was not too bad even though the temperature was in the single digit but the pavement was not as slippery as predicted.
I thought of getting a Red Wings tattoo but decided that it was a bad idea since I already got in too many fights at the game – haa haa.

1 comment:

Salabencher said...

I say get the tattoo and show it off at Bible study!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails