SUMMER TIME

SUMMER TIME

Saturday, July 16, 2011

LINCOLN HIGHWAY HEADQUARTERS IN FRANKLIN GROVE, ILLINOIS

Here I am - back to posting about our recent road trip on Lincoln Highway.

After dinner at the Basil Tree Restaurant in Dixon (Illinois), we continued to follow IL38 to Franklin Grove.

The Lincoln Highway Association Tourism Headquarters is located in an 1860 building. We could not stock up on maps, book or any souvenirs because it was closed since it was already 7:30 p.m.

Across from the LHA building was the Lincoln Way Cafe. As we walked thru the door, we were told that the cafe was closed for the day. (Good thing we already ate dinner.) We said we just wanted to know if there was any Bed & Breakfast in town. A nice young lady said there was no accomodation in Franklin Grove but gave us a good direction to the next town where there would be many motels near the interstate.


Then I asked if I could use their restroom. When I came out, the young lady told me that my husband had to use the Men's Room. She said I could wait in the cafe. We really appreciate the fine hospitality of the people at Lincoln Way Cafe. We definitely plan to stop by the next time we are in the area.

The cafe has a very nice map of Lincoln Highway but I could not capture the image in one shot.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails